Surface and Structure 2

2nd model of final idea

Details

2nd model of final idea

Details

2nd model of final idea

Details

10/11/2014

Today I spent my day making a improved version of my previous hipbone model. I decided to use wire mesh to make this model because it is easy to control and allowed me to create a 3D shape easily. It is also very light so it will not add too much weight to our head. The shape of this model is still basing on the form of a hipbone which I then think I do not want it to look too similar to the real hipbone. 

Back at home, I started to think how I can make my model look less similar to a hipbone and I suddenly remember the art pieces of Ana Rajcevic I saw when looking at the brief of this project. I think the shape of her headpieces are very simple yet unique(horn-shaped). 

Details

Final model making

Details

Final model making

Details
Details

Final model making

Details
Details

11/11/2014

After looking at Ana Rajcevic's works, I decided to simplify the shape of my final idea. When trying to wear my 2nd model, it felt so uncomfortable as the wire mesh is very prickly. I decided to cover my final model with felt not only to make it comfortable but also add some colour to it.

Yesterday, I realised what I have focused mostly was the structure and shape of my model but I have forgotten about the surface - hairy. I do not want to get restricted by the word 'hairy' and Maiko Takeda's headdresses have inspired me so much on how I can create a hairy surface with no hair. Cutting transparent acetate sheets into pointy stripes is the first and final plan.  

I am very happy with the visual effect created by the acetate stripes and it gives a great texture as well. The last thing I have to do now is to figure out how to attach this piece to my head.

Details

Comments


    Add comment